Persons wanting to use their skills to make a difference in others’ lives are invited to join Friends of Sumner Regional Medical Center, Inc. Volunteers are valued and respected as part of the healing team.
Friends of SRMC, Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 charitable organization composed of approximately 100 community volunteers who serve in the medical center and assist with fundraising for mission-related projects. Funds raised by volunteers benefit the patient and community projects including: Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, Sleepsacks for Newborns, Gas Vouchers for Wound Care, Radiation Oncology and Outpatient Therapy patients, and Cancer Support Groups, as well as medical scholarships for students attending Volunteer State Community College, Union University, and Welch College.
The mission of Friends of Sumner Regional Medical Center, Inc. is to meet healthcare needs through (1) assistance to patients and families, (2) involvement in community health initiatives, and (3) provision for medical education.
Areas Available for Volunteer Service:
- Cancer Support Groups
- Clothes Closet
- Food Pantry
- Greeting and Customer Service
- Hospitality Cart
- InPaitent/OutPatient Folders
- Master Gardening
- Patient Representative
- Pet Therapy (certified dogs only)
- Simply Sumner Gift & Coffee Shop
- SleepSacks for Newborns
- Special Projects (within hospital)
- Transportation (through Gas Vouchers)
- Waiting Areas (at SRMC & Sumner Station)
How to Become a Volunteer
1. Complete the Volunteer Application. For questions contact Judi Wright at Judi.Wright@LPNT.net
2. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted to come in for an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
3. After your interview, you must consent to a background check, drug screening, and Tuberculosis Skin Test.
4. Once your background check has been approved, you will be contacted to schedule a Drug Screen and TB Test.
5. With the approval of Drug Screening and TB from Employee Health, you will be contacted to schedule Orientation (which includes complying with hospital regulations, policies and procedures).
6. During Orientation, opportunities are discussed, assignment selected, uniforms disbursed, and an Identification Badge is made.
7. 每年, you are required to complete an updated Information Sheet and attend Mandatory Orientation (which includes complying with hospital regulations, policies and procedures), in which a record is kept in your file.